Name:
Location: Kansas City, KS

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

He's Here!

Nicholas Timothy Karr popped out of Katie on Saturday, May 14th at 10:57am. He weighed 8 pounds, 15 ounces and measured 22 inches long. Katie and Nick are doing quite well, recovering at home with me. Nick is swinging peacefully in his swing right now as I type this and making cute little baby noises before his certain to be forthcoming flatulent storm.

Picture of Nick and the birth are available at http://www.karrmedia.com under the "Personal" link.

I was told that having a baby changes you powerfully and immediately. It's true, I feel far more connected to everything around me and much more a part of something. As well, I have discovered a natural talent swaddling and cry soothing. Nick is a big, beautiful baby and I feel incredibly lucky to have him here with us.

All we have to do now is convince him to abandon his vampire hours and try out sleeping at night and playing during the day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael:
Your dad emailed me and called as well to tell me the good news. And I looked at the great pictures of Nick shortly after his birth. Congratulations to you and Katie.
Steve

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home